Executive Director of Business Development
- Position: Executive Director of Business Development
- Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Salary / benefits: Six figure salary, car allowance, pension (relocation package if applicable)
- Job Type: Full time / Permanent
The Executive Director of Business Development sits centrally in the business and plays a key role in setting the future direction of the business through the Strategy Team, delivering significant projects through the Programme Management Office and communicating through our Marketing and Internal Communications team.
The Executive Director for Business Development also leads the Public Affairs function which seeks to understand and shape policy at the highest level. The role has a unique position in the business which ranges from setting the direction right through to implementation and telling the story.
This role leads the Strategy Team which plays a key role in horizon scanning and understanding our external environment.
It works with the Executive and Home Group Board to shape strategy and individual initiatives that help us deliver for our customers and stand out from the crowd.
Our Public Affairs team work hard with stakeholders from local councils, through to MPs and policy makers at Number 10 to shape policy and influence thinking. Home Group is an influential organisation within the sector and is well positioned to set the agenda.
Home Group is unique to the sector in investing in Product Management skills.
The team work closely with business areas to develop new products in a way that enables us not only to be commercially successful but also lead within our chosen markets.
Programme Management Office (PMO)
The Programme Management Office delivers our biggest projects and reports on them at board level. The projects range from big IT deliverables through to business projects like our recent rebrand and new product delivery. The PMO team is highly organised, highly professional and is led by our Programme Management Director.
Marketing and Communications
Telling our story externally to customers, commissioners and stakeholders is a critical activity and one the team do with energy and professionalism. Increasingly digital, content led and recently re-branded, our comms are the external face of Home Group. They not only help us win business but also communicate and engage with our existing customers.
The ideal candidate may have worked as a Marketing Director for a large private sector organisation. Prior experience of the Housing or Social Care Sector is not required.
- Experienced Marketing or Commercial Director.
- Leadership experience at senior and board level.
- Driven, independent, intelligent and analytical, with an entrepreneurial streak.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a collaborative style.
- Experience in a fast paced, customer services driven environment.
- Able to innovate and develop leading edge products, services and tenders.
- A talented individual who reflects the core values and social purpose of Home Group.
- Digital and Omni-Channel marketing experience.
- Empathy with our core aims and values.
- To be part of the leadership team of Home Group and the delivery of its overall strategy and objectives.
- The design and ongoing review of the Home Group strategy ensuring this is translated into the customer experience journey across the organisation and all markets.
- The design and development for all group wide products, services and sales from design, development and rollout.
- The design of a comprehensive brand, marketing communications and effective channel management to ensure service delivery is met.
- Create customer experience approaches based on customer insight and future requirements.
- Support and lead acquisition of customers and partners to win business with new and existing markets.
- Develop the approach and rollout for effective customer relationship management that enables the strategy and business objectives.
Key Results Areas
- To lead the strategy work for Home Group and work to translate into customer experience, products, services and tender opportunities.
- To contribute to setting the strategic direction of the organisation and delivering that strategy through excellent leadership.
- To develop and embed across Home Group a comprehensive approach for customer experience that adds value to the organisation and enables the strategy.
- Identify new opportunities for growth and ensure we continue to develop and retain agreed customer markets.
- To identify opportunities to develop and sell additional products or services to existing customers; enabling the organisation to expand and diversify as aligned to the strategy.
- Deliver products and services that are adapted to markets including business-to-business, business-to-customer, and non-profit organisations.
- Lead on strategic market planning, market research programmes, the innovation and development of new products and services across Home Group and its markets.
- To lead a team able to develop product and services and bids that are innovative, competitively priced and marketed through effective channels.
"We have a big role to play in tackling prejudice and discrimination. We want you to be yourself at Home Group and we value everything that makes you unique. We recognise and celebrate your differences and together we make Home Group a special and great place to live and to work."
As a business we live and breathe this and take pride in our inclusive culture.